Talks, Workshops, Exhibits & Publications
Boris is an Oslo based artist that works within a wide range of the digital medium. From bending reclaimed technology, to making expressive wearables, to co-opting algorithms for individual introspection.
Exhibits & Performances
- Scroll - A Magic of Maybe Live Art Festival, Shanghai
- Machines that Judge Us V2_ Lab for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
- DARaLuz Cuerpxs Radicales, Brooklyn Museum, New York
- Shadow Capture by:Larm 2018, Oslo
- Emerging Imperfections Timelines, Teknisk Museum, Oslo
- Neon Cloud RSD6, Oslo
- Neon Cloud Elvelangs, Oslo
- Expiry Dates EDIT, Toronto
- Expiry Dates Facebook, Toronto
- Quipucamayoc simultaneous performance, Cusco & Buenos Aires
- Monarch Making Patterns, Eyebeam, New York
- Monarch Vancouver Art Gallery, part of ISEA 2015, Vancouver
- Monarch TEI 2015, Stanford
- Monarch FASHIONOTES x WEARABLES, Toronto
- 2018: Summer Sessions, V2_ Lab for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam.
- 2018: Machines that Judge Us, Clojure/Conj, Durham NC
- 2018: Machines that Judge Us, Notam, Oslo
- 2017: Meatspace, Sketching in Hardware 2017, Detroit
- 2015: Introduction to Clojure, ITP Camp, New York
- 2015: Clojure, Sound, and Wearable Tech, Clojure West 2015, Portland OR
- 2018: Kinetic Body Extensions for Social Interactions, TEI 2018, Stockholm
- 2015: Wearables and Collaborative Performance, Workshop, InterAccess, Toronto
- 2015: Bluetooth LE with the Light Blue Bean, Workshop, ITP Camp, New York
- 2015: Introduction to Bluetooth LE, Workshop, ITP Camp, New York
- 2014: Wearable Electronics, Teaching Assistant, Continuing Education, OCAD University.
- Kate Hartman, Boris Kourtoukov, and Erin Lewis. 2018. Kinetic Body Extensions for Social Interactions. In Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction (TEI ’18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 736- 739. DOI
- 12 Tools We Can’t Live Without for Making Wearables, Make Magazine, Kate Hartman & Boris Kourtoukov
- Body Boards, Make Magazine, also published in that issue.
- Kate Hartman, Jackson McConnell, Boris Kourtoukov, Hillary Predko, and Izzie Colpitts-Campbell. 2015. Monarch: Self- Expression Through Wearable Kinetic Textiles. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction (TEI ’15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 413-414. DOI